d e s m o n d c k w ◦ p h o t o g r a p h y

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Journey to the North, SAPA (Part II)

Let's continue our journey in Sapa. Let me show you the surrounding hotels available next to the hotel I stayed. There are a lot of hotels for you to choose and there will be more in the future as there are many new hotels are under construction.


Before we move on further, I would like to share a photo of rainbow that I shot very early in the morning.

Rainbow

In my opinion, the main activity here for tourist is trekking. Sapa has an incredible natural beauty therefore trekking would be the best way to have a closer look at the scenery.



The trek was a lot tougher than I was expecting. Seriously, do wear some good hiking shoes or boots if you are planning for trekking too. We actually crossed through rice paddies, steep muddy slopes, jungle, rocky paths, bridges and rivers. It was a great experience though.







You will be able to see many nice wooden houses along the way.



By the way, be prepared for four seasons in one day. It was freezing cold early in the morning and it was actually raining when we started our trekking. Right after lunch the sun shined brightly with nice blue sky and clouds. It will be quite misty in the evening starting from around 5pm so it's advisable not to drive down or up the mountain later in the evening.




Depending on the tour package you are taking, there are many different type of treks with various difficulty, duration, etc. I chose 2 days minor trekking tour but I was terribly exhausted already. So, here ends the sharing on my trekking experience.

Coming up next... Visit to villages and hill tribe in Sapa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment