d e s m o n d c k w ◦ p h o t o g r a p h y

Friday, April 6, 2012

Bali Island revisit (Part II)

Bali island is also known as the Island of the Gods or the island of the thousand Temples. Balinese Hinduism has roots in Indian Hinduism and in Buddhism. Balinese Hinduism is deeply blended with art and ritual. Ritualizing states of self-control are a notable feature of religious expression among the people, who for this reason have become famous for their graceful and good behavior. There are a few temples worth visiting such as Besakih Temple (Mother Temple)Tanah Lot TemplePura Luhur Uluwatu TemplePura Tirta Empul and Pura Ulun Danu Bratan

This is my first time to visit the Besakih Temple during my second visit to Bali. Besakih Temple is known as the most important, the largest and holiest temple of Hindu religion in Bali. Maybe this is the reason why they call this the Mother Temple and you may expect a 30 mins to an hour walking.

Besakih Temple (Mother Temple)Besakih Temple (Mother Temple)

Besakih Temple (Mother Temple)

Besakih Temple (Mother Temple)

Beside Besakih Temple, I would recommend Pura Ulun Danu Bratan. It is a major Shivaite and water temple located on the shores of Lake Bratan in the mountains near Bedugul. It's located 1200 m above sea level so it has a cold tropical climate.

Pura Ulun Danu Bratan

I have also stopped by and made my second visit to Taman Ayun Temple when I was on my way to Bedugul.

Taman Ayun Temple

Taman Ayun Temple

Coming up next is Bali Island revisit (Part III)... I'll be posting more of Kuta and Ubud areas.

Previously posted... Bali Island revisit (Part I).

0 comments:

Post a Comment